In 7 card poker involves a deck with a larger number of cards than in other competitions. The conclusion is that poker combinations, as well as the chances of poker to collect a winning set, are much higher. According to the rules of 7-card stud poker, each round of trading needs a unique approach, the player’s behavior during the game changes. Poker players should develop a strategy for the game, according to which actions are carried out during the game. Otherwise, they can leave out the competition very quickly, having lost the opportunity to qualify for the prize and having lost the capital bet.
Stud Poker: the Origin & Basic Rules
It is a classic kind of poker, which dates back earlier than the Omaha. The players receive, not two, but seven cards each. Five of these cards will make the most powerful combination. According to stud poker rules, the bets are limited. There is a standard system for determining the seniority of combinations. The higher the combination, the more chances to win. In this type of poker, each player at the end of the deal receives 7 cards: three they don’t see and four in the open. But only 5 cards form the combinations, not seven. The ante is a mandatory bet that all players at the table make. Usually, it is 1/10 of the size of the big blind. Everyone at the table is required to pay for the right to participate in the distribution. As soon as all players have made ante, the dealer begins to deal cards. The main stages are:
- The third street begins the distribution begins. Each of the participants receives three cards: two closed and one open. After that, the player who has the youngest open card on hand is determined. Such a player is assigned a “bring-in” and starts trading from the first mandatory bet. Next, the movie goes to the next player at the table clockwise;
- The fourth street brings each player one more open card. The player with the highest combination of two open cards is the first to go. After determining the first player, trading continues clockwise;
- The fifth street brings one more open card. Here again goes the player with the highest open hand, who begins bidding;
- With the sixth street, each player receives one more open card, after which the one whose open hand is the highest opens the auction;
- During the River, each of the players receives the last face-down card. The first to go the one whose open hand is the strongest. After the final stage of bidding in stud poker, all remaining players will compare the combinations and determine the winner;
- Opening a card (showdown) begins with the participants who made the last bet.
The high five-card combination will determine the winners.
Caribbean & Mississippi Types of Stud Poker
There are two most interesting types of stud poker:
- One interesting kind of card game against the dealer is Caribbean poker. In addition to this name, it has one more thing – Oasis Poker or 5 card stud poker. The player’s task is to make an older combination than the dealer’s cards. Before the cards’ distribution, a player makes a bet called ante, ranging from 1 to 100 chips. An important rule of Caribbean poker is the possibility of a paid replacement of cards, carried out once per game. The conditions of different casinos may provide for the replacement of up to 5 cards with payment in one ante;
- Mississippi stud is popular among aggressive players. It is played mainly in casinos or in friendly companies. Players refuse the bidding round between the cards of the 4th and 5th cards, and the last card is dealt face up. It is difficult to judge how much such an order is more interesting and exacerbates the struggle. The Mississippi stud is gaining popularity, but the rules described above still apply at official competitions.
It is worth noting that in exceptional cases, these games can involve eight players. The dealer puts one more open card on the table. This card is common to all.