The modern poker community is divided into two camps: some prefer the live game, others successfully conquer the game online. Of course, many gamblers successfully combine these two directions, but we will look at the advantages and compare it with online poker.
- Eye contact with an opponent. This is probably the most significant difference between online poker and playing at a live table. In a live game you have control of facial expressions, gestures and reaction of opponents according to the situation in the game. In the online game there is no such an opportunity. For the most part, the psychological skills of online gambling are not required. The most important poker mathematics, calculation and betting strategy should also be mentioned. Although many gamblers consider the time spent on the bet to the psychological aspect of the game online. A long pause can show both uncertainty and the decision about the correct drawing of the “monster”;
- Convenience of the game. Convenience and availability is another significant component of online poker. For an online game, you need a computer or some portable device (tablet, smartphone) and Internet access – that’s all! Download, turn on and sit down at the virtual table. You can always see the number of chips, the remaining time and the size of bets. It is very convenient and accessible even for the beginners;
- Game speed. Live game takes place measuredly, without dynamics. The dealer collects cards, shuffles, hands out, trades and so on. All these actions take time. Also, the player is given enough time to consider the following bet. Of course, if your opponent is not going to wait any longer, he can start a timer and within a minute you need to make a decision. And what do we see in online poker? The dynamics of the game here is impressing. Cards are dealt almost instantly, 15-20 seconds are allotted for a bet, taking into account extra time from 30 to 90 seconds. This game speed allows you to play significantly more hands in a period of time than you would play at live tables;
- Multi-table game. Live game means playing at one table all the time, well, if you just do not know how to split. Online poker software allows you to open several tables at once and play at the same time. It all depends on your concentration and monitor size;
- Additional programs. Such programs are called poker software. There are prohibited programs, but most are completely legal and are allowed for use. Functions are different. Keeping hands in history, statistics of other players and statistics of bets, odds, combinations, and more. They really help many players, even professionals can not do without them and recommend using them to improve the quality of the game.
Of course, in a live game there is a zest in the form of genuine sensations and the very atmosphere, but for despite these advantages, many gamblers prefer the online game.